Friday, September 25, 2015

I am from the lake 



I am from the lake
When I reel in the reel I’m at home 
The fight is like needing water 
You need the fight 
The hunt of catching the big one

I am from the farm ponds
The little pond
Waiting for the fish
Standing on the shore 
Still waiting 

I am from the fishing rod
Putting line in the real 
Looking down the eyes if the pole

I am from the fishing reel
Reeling in the reel
Watching the reel 
As if you are about to get a fish

I am from the boat
Sitting in the boat
Wearing the life jacket 
because mom made you
Your butt hurting because
 the seats hurt 
After a wile
Because the seats are hard

I am from the time with my dad
Making fun of him
Getting pushed in the water
Loving the time you have with him


I am from the farm ponds
I am from the fishing reel and rod 
I am from the boat
I am from the time with my dad
I am from the lake 







No comments:

Post a Comment